Dr Iram Kamran Qureshi is an award-winning British Film & TV Producer and Director | Senior Lecturer Film & Television Production at the Ravensbourne University London | Former Assistant Examiner at the University of Cambridge.
Iram is currently writing a book titled Wendy Toye, commissioned by the Manchester University Press. Her PhD was in Film and Television titled, The Stranger Left No Card: A Critical Analysis of Wendy Toye’s work as a Woman Director in British Cinema and Television (2020), Brunel University, London. She presented her research paper on The Exploration of Indian Partition Characters by a British Asian Woman Director, presented at the Trinity University, US (2020). Her peer-reviewed article A Woman for Two Pennies: Changing Social Constructs of Gender and Portrayal of Women in TV Dramas (2022), soon to be published in American Journal, Jump Cut, and her MSc dissertation was on The Role of Family Planning Ads on Television (2002).
(This website is under construction.)
Iram produced the PhD practical component of Professional Practice Film, TV And Media Research at the University of East Anglia.
- January 1, 2000
Selected Film & TV credits
Feature film, TV Dramas Serials, and Film Series, Branded Talk-shows, Documentaries, Corporate videos, TV Concerts, aired worldwide including the US and UK.
- August 1, 2000
Voyage of Discovery
TV shows & a three-days branded television transmission sponsored by John Player Gold Leaf | Role: Production Assistant and Assistant Director | A yacht carrying the John Player’s logo sailed to 17 countries in 177 days, in BAT’s (British American Tobacco) Voyage of Discovery campaign. The yacht’s stop at Karachi port was celebrated in a three days live transmission from beach.
- April 1, 2002
Weekly TV show sponsored by P&G | Role: Producer | Broadcasted: PTV Network, TV One & ARY Digital TV Network | An Evergreen Media Europe Ltd production | Aired for more than 2 years between 2000-2002 on multi-channels. Iram along with Kamran Qureshi is the winner as producer of Best TV Talk Show Award (from private productions) in PTV Awards 2002. The show has different outdoor segments including 'Ideal Mothers' from varied backgrounds and religions, sharing their true success stories of sacrifice, love and devotion for their children.
- June 1, 2002
A 3-part TV documentary series | Role: Associate Director and Second Unit Director | Broadcasted on PTV Network | An Avtek Media Group Production | Episodes: Sons of The Soil, Flying Tigers, and Power of The Sea.
- April 25, 2004
Mother of Desert
TV Movie | Role: Producer | Broadcasted: Indus TV Network | A story of a mother, in village of Thar desert, who sacrificed her motherhood for the justice to her country and for a soldier whom she also said to be her son.
- October 23, 2005
A 26-part TV Drama Series | Role: Associate Director | 7th Sky Entertainment | 26-part TV Drama Series | Riyasat won Best TV Series, Best Actress, Best Actor and was nominated for Best Director Award in Lux Style Awards 2006. The series was broadcast on ARY Digital TV Network in the US, UK, UAE and Pakistan and is available on DVDs.
- January 15, 2010
Beyond The Silence Of The Sea
TV documentary | Role: directed and produced by Iram Qureshi & Kamran Qureshi | PTV Network | An Evergreen Media Europe production | The film covers the entire maritime sector, Ports, Fisheries, Shipyards, Shipbuilding, Ship-Breakers, Creeks areas, Naval aviation and combat ships, Arabian sea, its significance and contribution in the development in a country. The film was broadcasted on PTV Network and available online.
- March 1, 2022
Only Love Matters
Feature Film | Role: Producer and Associate Director | Only Love Matters is a feature length romantic family drama set in London, UK. It is a story of love, relationships, existence and acceptance.
Iram is an award-winning producer of a feature film, TV series and TV Talk show. Currently, she is developing films and TV series including a WWI period drama 'The Woman with the Torch - Elsie Inglis'.
Iram's research interests include Women in Cinema, Postwar British Cinema, Film and TV Productions, Gender, Intersex, Film Directors, and Practice-based research.
Iram directed a TV series, documentary, talkshows and worked as an Associate Director in an award-winning feature Only Love Matters. She is also developing her first directorial debut dramedy feature, Michelle.
Iram owns digital filming facilities including film and television cameras, lighting kits, and post production facilities since 2002.
Feature film, TV Dramas Serials and Film Series, Branded Talk-shows, Documentaries, Corporate videos and TV Concerts that aired worldwide including the US and UK.
- Winner: Public Engagement AwardsUniversity of East AngliaOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi & Team
- 3rd Position: Alumna of the Year AwardBrunel University LondonOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi
- Finalist: Innovation and Impact AwardUniversity of East AngliaOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi & Team
- Winner: Best ProducerNew York Movie AwardsOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi
- Winner: Best ProducerBig Syn International Film Festival, LondonOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi
- Winner: Best Romantic FilmRome International Movie AwardsOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi, shared with: Kamran Qureshi (executive producer)
- Winner: Gold Award - Feature FilmHollywood Gold AwardsOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi, shared with: Kamran Qureshi (executive producer)
- Winner: Gold Award - Production DesignHollywood Gold AwardsOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi, shared with: Nitin Upadhyaya
- Winner: Best Feature FilmLondon International Film FestivalOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi, shared with: Kamran Qureshi (executive producer)
- Winner: Outstanding Achievement Award (filmmaker)Tagore International Film FestivalOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi
- Nominee: Best Female ProducerToronto International Women Film FestivalOnly Love MattersIram Qureshi
- Nominee: Best Director TV SeriesLux Style AwardsSarkar SahabIram Qureshi & Kamran Qureshi
- Winner: Best TV ShowPTV AwardsAriel MothersIram Qureshi shared with Kamran Qureshi (Director and co-producer)
Weekly TV Talk Show: Explores the stories of determination, selflessness, and sacrifices of dauntless mothers, from a new place every time.
Weekly Reality TV Youth Show: Tells stories of women with extraordinary achievements in life, deserving the title, ‘Woman of Strength.
Weekly TV Talk Show: Brings nutritional, educational and good parenting tips with a model child and parents in each episode.
Iram has joined the Ravensbourne University London as a Senior Lecturer in Digital Film and TV Production.
Iram’s recently produced romantic drama film Only Love Matters has been a finalist for the Outstanding Social or Cultural Impact category! in the Innovation and Impact Awards 2022 at the University of East Anglia (UEA).